UNISON has agreed a two year pay deal for Local Government workers for 2018-2020.
- A headline rate minimum 2% increase in 2018 and 2019
- Bottom loading with higher than 2% increases for the lowest grades in 2018 & 2019
- A new pay spine in 2019 with even increment increases of 1.8% up to old spinal point 28 (currently increment differences are very small up to this point)
- Remains within the National Joint Council (NJC) national bargaining arrangements
Inner London spinal points 20 and above increase by two percent.
From 1 April 2019 the Greater London pay spines increase based on the following principles.
- No one gets less than 2% in either year
- Bottom loading in both years with higher than 2% increases each year up to old spine point 20, and in 2019 better than 2% increases for old spine points 20–30 on the Outer London spine and better than 2% increases for old spine points 20–32 on the Inner London spine
- The new 2019 spines each have even increment increases of 1.8% up to at least old spine point 28
For more in-depth information, please see the annexes here: Local Government Pay Settlement 2018-2020