28 July 2020 4:00pm–5:00pm
COVID-19 has shone a spotlight on the fact that racism is a public health issue.
Black people are dying in disproportionate numbers. Behind this current tragedy is a long history of systemic racism at work, in health care and across society.
Join us for a webinar on Tuesday July 28, 2020; 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM BST.
This webinar will discuss how UNISON’s work to challenge racism is addressing this. It will cover workplace rights, campaigning and lobbying, legal responses, and issues facing migrant workers.
Our panellists are:
- Dave Prentis, UNISON General Secretary;
- Kebba Manneh, National Black Members’ Committee Chair and UNISON Wales;
- Christina McAnea, Assistant General Secretary, Bargaining Negotiations and Equalities;
- Gloria Mills, National Secretary, Equalities;
- Shantha David, Head of Legal Services;
- Narmada Thiranagama, Policy Officer;
- Rakiya Suleiman, National Black Members’ Committee Deputy Chair and UNISON Scotland.