Did you know that there are half as many injuries at workplaces with trade union health and safety committees than at workplaces that manage safety without unions or joint arrangements?
If you’d like your workplace to be one of the safer ones, the key UNISON role of health and safety rep could be the one for you.
Health and safety representatives care about workers’ safety and campaign for better working conditions. As a health and safety representative, you play a vital role in keeping our members healthy and safe at work.
As a health and safety rep you will:
- investigate potential hazards
- consult members on working conditions
- lobby your employer to improve safety
- support members with complaints about safety
- recruit new members
- identify members who could become more involved in health and safety issues
To do this you’ll receive expert training and access to help and advice.